2017 Export Statistics
The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection provides annual statistics on top Wisconsin export markets and products. We obtain our statistics from WISERTrade.
January - December 2017 Wisconsin Agriculture Export Highlights
- From January to December 2017, Wisconsin exported more than $3.5 billion worth of agricultural products to 147 countries. This is an increase of 3.63 percent compared to the same time period in 2016.
- Overall, US exports of agricultural products totaled almost $167 billion, an increase of 3.3 percent compared to the same time period in 2016.
- Wisconsin continues to be ranked 12th overall for agricultural exports, up from 13th place in 2014.
- Exports of dairy, eggs and honey in 2017 were valued at $297 million, a 19.9 percent increase compared to the same period last year. Wisconsin ranks fifth among U.S. states in the export of these products.
- Wisconsin ranks first in the U.S. for exports of ginseng roots, prepared/preserved cranberries, sweet corn prepared/preserved, and bovine semen. Wisconsin ranks second in the export of cheese, whey and raw furskins.
- Total Wisconsin exports, including manufactured goods, were valued at $22.3 billion, a six percent increase from the same period last year.
Top Five Markets for Wisconsin Exports - Agricultural Products
Country, $ Value Export, % Growth
Canada, $1.45 billion, (+1.45%)
Mexico, $412 million, (+14.2%)
China, $299 million (+27.62%)
Korea, $178 million, (+.33%)
Japan, $146 million, (-0.81%)
Top Five Products - Agricultural Exports
Product, Product Value, Export Percent Growth, Product Details
Prepared Vegetables, Fruit, Nuts, $314 million, (+8.90%), Prepared vegetables, fruit, nuts, other plant parts.
Miscellaneous Food, $331 million, (+11.52%), Ingredients, sauces, yeasts, etc.
Oil Seeds, Miscellaneous Grain, $310 million, (+35.69%), Soybeans, flaxseed, etc..
Dairy, Eggs and Honey, $297 million, (19.98%), Cheese, milk, whey, butter, lactose, etc.
Wood and Articles of Wood; Wood Charcoal, $254 million, (+13.3%), Soybeans, flaxseed, etc.