Exporting Documents

​​​​​​​​​The Wisconsin International Agribusiness Center is available to help you understand the documents you need to export your Wisconsin food and agricultural products.

The Export Certificate Guidelines​ document gives you an overview​ of much of the necessary paperwork and certifications, as well as where to find them. General information is below.​ ​

Food Products and Ingredients for Human Consumption 
If your facility is licensed by DATCP, the department issues food certificates of free sale​​ for food products intended for human consumption produced in food processing plants and dairy plants.​​ 

Livestock Feed and Ingredients, Pet Foods, Plants and Plant Products 
If your feed company is licensed by DATCP, learn about feed certificates of free sale. Products include livestock feeds, pet foods, feed additives and feed ingredients. 

FDA Regulated Products​
If your product is registered with the U.S. Food and Drug administration (FDA), learn about export certificates. Products include dietary supplements, infant formulas & medical foods, EU animal health and specified risk material, food additives, plant and dairy foods and beverages, seafood, drugs for human use, biologics for human use, medical devices, veterinary medicine and cosmetics. 

EPA Regulated Products
If your product is registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), learn about certificates of free sale. Products include pesticides and disinfectants.       

Manufactured (Non-agricultural) Products

For non-food certificates of free sale  
If you produce a non-food product and need a certificate of free sale, the request form and payment process can be foun​d here​.

Certificates of Origin 
A Certificate of Origin identifies who has produced the described goods and in what country. The exporter generates the Certificate of Origin and maintains records to support representation of goods as described in the document. 

Other Federal Agencies that issue export certificates

U.S. Department of Agriculture, Animal Plant Health Inspection Services

U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service