Making Pet Treats for Sale

​​​​If you make pet food or treats for sale in Wisconsin, even if you make the products in your own kitchen on a very small scale, you must meet all the requirements of a commercial feed manufacturer, labeler and distributor. This means you must be licensed, you must file an annual tonnage report, and you must meet labeling requirements. 

You do not need a commercial kitchen like that you would need to produce human food. The Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) provides excellent detailed information about producing pet foods, including pet treats. 

Licensing materials​ 

AAFCO information

Back to main feed program page