Commercial Feed Licensing Forms and Tonnage Reporting

​​​​​​Feed Tonnage Changes

Changes to commercial feed tonnage and inspection fees have changed, effective January 1, 2018. For reporting purposes, these changes are effective with reporting for calendar year 2018 distributions, with paperwork to be completed in early 2019. Changes that took effect January 1:

  • Minimum inspection fee increases to $50.00 for 0-200 tons, or $0.25/ton for 201 or more tons, whichever is greater. Fee was previously $0.25 per ton.

  • Exempt buyer status licenses go away

  • All credits go away (prepaid purchases, exempt buyer sales/purchases, out-of-state distributions)

  • Invoices no longer required to display that inspection fees are not paid

  • Report only tons of feed and feed ingredients if you are the first to distribute into Wisconsin

Survey on Feed Tonnage Changes -- Coming Soon 

We will be emailing licensees this spring with a link to an online survey about these changes. Please take 5-10 minutes to complete it. Your feedback is important to our efforts to communicate these changes. If you are a feed licensee and we do not have your email address, please send it to

Webinar on Feed Tonnage Changes

We will host a webinar at 1:30 p.m. CST Tuesday, June 5. You can learn more about the changes, and will have the opportunity to ask questions at the end of the presentation. You can watch it live, and we will also record it and link to it from this page, so you can watch it later. If you prefer, you can also dial in to listen to the presentation live.

You do not need to preregister. Just go to shortly before 1:30 p.m. You can register as a guest. You do not need a log-in. To listen to the presentation without the video, call (888) 291-0310. 

Licensing and Reporting Forms

Commercial feed license application – new  (For March 1, 2018-February 28, 2019)

Commercial feed license application – renewal (For March 1, 2018-February 28, 2019)

Tonnage and inspection fee report form for 2017 sales


List of Wisconsin feed-testing laboratories

List of Wisconsin Licensees

Back to main feed program page