All of the following are required:
- Current certificate of veterinary inspection (CVI) with complete physical origin and destination address.
- Negative equine infectious anemia (EIA) test from the 12 months prior to the date of entry
- Import permit
- If the animals are part of a rodeo, circus, or menagerie and will be in Wisconsin for a limited time, use the Circus, Rodeo & Menagerie Import Permit application.
- If the animals are privately owned and relocating to Wisconsin, use the General Import Permit application.
- If you are not sure which form to use, or you have other questions, call 608-224-4874 weekdays between 7:45 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Central Time.
- Other tests
- Specific statements (this includes animals coming from a region with vesicular stomatitis)
For more information, please visit our Horses and Other Equines webpage.