Release Date: April 2, 2020
Media Contact: Leeann Duwe, Public Information Officer, (608) 224-5130
MADISON – A new online exam is available for individuals to become temporarily certified until October 31 as a commercial pesticide applicator. This video details how to sign-up for the exam, developed in partnership with the University of Wisconsin – Pesticide Applicator Training Program: https://youtu.be/_0dKigCIhVQ
Currently, the following categories are available:
Additional categories will be available on the following dates:
- Field and Vegetable Crops (Cat 1.1)
- Structural Pest Control (Cat 7.1)
- April 6: Forestry (Cat 2.0), and Right-Of-Way/Natural Areas (Cat 6.0)
- April 8: Turf and Landscape (Cat 3.0), and Aquatic and Mosquito (Cat 5.0)
- April 10: Aerial (Sub Category 9.9) – requires certification with a base category (for example, Field and Vegetable Crops, etc.)
The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) appreciates the agribusiness industry for their assistance during the test phase of the online exam. More information about the pesticide certification extension and frequently asked questions are available at https://datcp.wi.gov/Pages/Programs_Services/PesticideCertExtension.aspx. To receive updates about certified pesticide applicator information and requirements, subscribe to DATCP's email list.
As a reminder, DATCP has suspended in-person pesticide certification testing as of March 18, 2020. If your certification expires January 31-September 30, DATCP has extended your certification until October 31. You can continue to operate as a certified applicator until October 31.
Find more DATCP news in our newsroom, on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.