The Retail Food Safety Advisory Committee (RFSAC) provides a forum for retail food safety stakeholders to discuss issues relating to retail regulated food service facilities. The RFSAC provides leadership in the field of retail food safety by:
- Assisting and advising the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) in establishing and achieving DATCP's goals.
- Representing FSAC constituencies
- Identifying resources and solutions to challenges facing DATCP
Meetings are held quarterly.
The RFSAC consists of 8-10 seats. As the committee evolves membership may grow to no more than 15 seats. Members are from, but not limited to, the following groups:
- Food service industry: Restaurants, mobile food units, commissaries, warehouse, vending, bed and breakfast facilities, temporary restaurants, the Wisconsin Restaurant Association, Wisconsin Tavern League, Wisconsin Grocers Association, Wisconsin Hotel and Lodging Association, Wisconsin Association of Campground Operators, food service product or equipment vendors and caterers
- Regulatory officials: Wisconsin Association of Local Health Departments and Boards (WALHDAB), DATCP's Division of Food and Recreational Safety
- General public and other: Including but not limited to consumers, UW-Eau Claire, UW-Oshkosh, UW-Stout, Wisconsin Technical College System, education and training, academia, dieticians, Department of Public Instruction, School Food Service and food technology and student organizations
- Ex-officio members: DATCP's Division of Food and Recreational Safety central office, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Wisconsin Department of Health Services-Communicable Disease Section
Officers include a chair and vice chair elected every two years at the fourth quarter.
Carrie Pohjola, DATCP Environmental Health Technical Specialist
Division of Food and Recreational Safety