- VPAP services: The Veterinary Examining Board (VEB) has received notification that the current VPAP provider, Humana, will no longer be providing EAP services. New services will continue to be offered through Nov. 30, 2022. All individuals who have started sessions can continue receiving services through Dec. 31, 2022. The VEB and DATCP are currently working to identify a new provider. Please be on the lookout for updates and announcements about the VPAP and employee assistance program.
The Veterinary Professional Assistance Program (VPAP) offers guidance and assistance with family issues, finding child and adult care, workplace concerns, legal and financial issues, stress, health and wellness, and any other issues that concern veterinary professionals. It also offers personal, confidential guidance, coaching and counseling for all veterinary professionals and their household members.
Services are confidential and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. VPAP services include:
- Flexible options that include counseling sessions -- in-person and/or by phone.
- Access to professionals who can assist with issues across disciplines, collaborating to address your concerns and help to efficiently solve your personal and work issues.
- Access to life coaches who can help you reach your personal goals.
- Customized referrals and educational materials with verification of availability and vacancy.
- Mobile app that includes discounted offerings like the MyLife meditation app.
- Dedicated website offering expert articles, assessments, resource finders, interactive tools, checklists, podcasts and webinars.
Wisconsin Veterinary Examining Board (VEB) assumes all costs for this program for veterinary professionals and their household members. If additional assistance is necessary, referrals will take into account your preferences, medical plans and financial circumstances.
This program is confidential, even to the VEB, so do not be concerned that using this service will impact your credential. The VEB will have no knowledge of individual utilization.