- VPAP services: The Veterinary Examining Board has contracted with LifeWorks as the new provider of VPAP services. These services will be effective Feb. 1, 2023. See the announcement.
The Veterinary Professional Assistance Program (VPAP) offers guidance and assistance with family issues, finding child and adult care, workplace concerns, legal and financial issues, stress, health and wellness, and any other issues that concern veterinary professionals. It also offers personal, confidential guidance, coaching and counseling for all veterinary professionals and their household members.
Services are confidential and available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. VPAP services include:
- Flexible options that include counseling sessions — in-person and/or by phone.
- Access to professionals who can assist with issues across disciplines, collaborating to address your concerns and help to efficiently solve your personal and work issues.
- Access to life coaches who can help you reach your personal goals.
- Customized referrals and educational materials with verification of availability and vacancy.
- Mobile app that connects to tools on topics ranging from family and life to health, finances and work.
- Dedicated website offering expert articles, assessments, resource finders, interactive tools, checklists, podcasts and webinars.
Beginning Feb. 1, 2023, visit login.lifeworks.com to access services, assessment tools, free webinars, and much more from the VPAP. Use login: VPAP and password: resources.
Wisconsin Veterinary Examining Board (VEB) assumes all costs for this program for veterinary professionals and their household members. If additional assistance is necessary, referrals will take into account your preferences, medical plans and financial circumstances.
This program is confidential, even to the VEB, so do not be concerned that using this service will impact your credential. The VEB will have no knowledge of individual utilization.