Producer-led Webinar Series: Planting New Ideas, Growing Conservation
Sign-up for each webinar at https://forms.gle/jGbJCkwZuTapYVa79
The January 12, 2021, webinar has been postoned. We will announce when it has been rescheduled once that information is available.
- March 17: Interseeding rye into standing soybeans
- April 7: Planting corn into standing rye
- May 12: Alternative forages
- June 9: Increasing profitability with precision agriculture
- July 14: Hosting virtual events and other planning tools for 2020
- August 11: No-tilling into heavy red clays
- September 8: Nitrogen management, N crediting from irrigation and cover crops
- October 13: No-till, 60-inch corn, and grazing covers
- November 10: Fall and winter grazing techniques
- December 8: Improving understanding of soil health through the Soil Health Partnership
Listen to recordings of past webinars.
Hosted by DATCP, UW-Discovery Farms and UW Madison Division Extension. This webinar series, delivered in a podcast format, will cover a range of conservation topics that producer-led groups around the state are focusing on. Each webinar will include the farmer perspective and will have time for plenty of Q&A and discussion.
- Facilitate farmer exchange to problem solve, try new things and innovate
- Provide space for farmers and partners to ask questions about the DATCP program
- Collect information about what is working, what is challenging and what practices are being tried
- Provide resources for farmer-led groups
- Evaluate the success of the webinars through surveys and interactive webinars