Pesticide Misuse Complaints
If you suspect problems due to pesticide misuse, call the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection or email the department using the contact information at right. If you leave voicemail or you email DATCP, please leave a telephone number, including area code, where we can reach you on weekdays.
Please be prepared to provide as much information as possible:
- When and where did the suspected violation take place (county, township, street address or fire number)?
- Do you know who made the application or the name of the company?
- What kind of equipment was used to make the application?
- Were there other vehicles involved in the application?
- What was the weather like during the application (including wind speed and direction, or temperature)?
- What problem do you think occurred?
- Was any drift from the application visible to you or is there visible evidence that pesticides moved from the application site?
- Are there any other persons who witnessed the application?
Landscape Pesticide Registry Complaints
If you are on Landscape Pesticide Registry, and do not receive advance notice of pesticide applications at an address you listed, (608) 224-5296 as soon as possible between 7:45 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. We'll need to know the following information:
- Your name and address
- The address where the suspected application was made
- The date of the suspected application
- The name of the company (printed on the warning sign)
- We will contact the lawncare or landscape firm to find out why you were not notified. Failure to notify people on the registry is a violation of our rules and the company can be penalized