Moving Bees into Wisconsin

​​​​Before shipping live honey bees or used beekeeping equipment into Wisconsin, you must report the import shipment to the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection in writing, using the form below, and provide a valid inspection​ certificate. This i​ncludes hives coming in for pollination services. Bees must be of European honey bee stock and apparently free of American foulbrood.​

Fill this form out online (will still need to mail or email the Certificate of Inspection)

Honey Bee Import Form.pdf

Mail, email or fax completed form and inspection certificate to:

State Apiarist Frances Hegarty
P.O. Box 8911
2811 Agriculture Drive
Madison, WI 53708-8911
(608) 224-4629
(608) 224-4656 (fax)


Back to main Apiary page