Requirements are subject to change as conditions warrant.
In addition to chickens and turkeys, this category includes ostriches, emus, rheas and cassowaries.
Poultry and Waterfowl from Within Wisconsin
These animals require:
- An NPIP certificate stating that they originate from a US. pullorum-typhoid clean or NPIP affiliate flock, or
- A DATCP-issued certificate stating they are from a Wisconsin tested or associate flock, or
- If they are sexually mature, individual wing or leg band ID and a negative test for pullorum-typhoid (and Mycoplasma gallisepticum for turkeys) within 90 days before arrival at the show
Poultry and Waterfowl from Outside Wisconsin
These animals require a certificate of veterinary inspection or equivalent that states:
- They originate from a flock classified pullorum-typhoid clean under NPIP or an equivalent state program, or
- If they are sexually mature, that they have tested negative for pullorum-typhoid (and Mycoplasma gallisepticum for turkeys) within 90 days before arrival at the show. These birds also need wing or leg band ID.
Regardless of origin, turkeys must be separated from other poultry, unless they are going directly to slaughter after the show. The show veterinarian should decide whether the separation is by different housing or by controlling air flow and spacing.