For cervids moving within Wisconsin direct to slaughter, you may use either a state-issued
Cervid Owner-Shipper Permit for Intrastate Slaughter (AH-CD-101) or the federal form VS 1-27. Each form has different requirements.
Cervid Owner Shipping Permit Form, the following are required:
- One of the following individual animal identifications:
- The owner's name, address, phone number, and livestock premises code
- The destination facility's name, address, phone number and premises code
- Signatures from the owner and a representative at the slaughter facility
Not required with the Cervid Owner Shipping Permit Form:
- Testing or statements for tuberculosis, brucellosis, or CWD
VS 1-27, the following are required:
Official individual ID for each animal, regardless of age
- The seller's name and address
- The destination facility's name and address
- Signatures from the issuing veterinarian (include the expiration date and time), owner or shipper and a representative at the slaughter facility
- No additional veterinary statements required
The VS 1-27 can be obtained from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
On the paperwork, identify animals that have implanted microchips to help ensure the safe processing of the meat.