Bed and Breakfast Establishments
A bed and breakfast establishment is defined as any place of lodging that provides eight or fewer rooms for rent to no more than a total of 20 tourists for more than 10 nights in a 12-month period, is the owner's personal residence, is occupied by the owner at the time of rental, and in which the only meal served to guests is breakfast.
- Each license issued by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) expires June 30 of each year.
- License dates extend from July 1 of one year through June 30 of the following year.
- If a license is granted after April 1 of a license year, that license will extend to June 30 of the following year.
- Example: If a business is licensed by DATCP on April 1, 2019, then its license will expire June 30, 2020.
- Renewal fees for existing establishments shall be submitted to DATCP before June 30 each year.
|Type of Facility||Annual License Fee||One-Time Pre-Inspection Fee|
|Bed and Breakfast Establishment||$110||$300|
- To obtain a license through DATCP, call (608) 224-4923 or email a licensing specialist.
- The licensing specialist will get you the information you need and will explain the process steps.