COVID-19: Crops and Agribusiness


October 27, 2020: Using disinfectant and sanitizer for you​r home or business

May 13, 2020: ​Safety tips for agricultural pesticide applicators

Frequently Asked Questions​

How do I write an emergency response plan for my business?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has provided tips on developing and implementing a response plan, identifying essential business functions, and establishing communication plans: has resources for creating a business process diagram and continuity impact analysis: These resources include a sample emergency plan:

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security offers free emergency planning tabletop exercises for businesses to review, share, and use:

What's going to happen to my farm? What should I do to prepare?​

UW-Division of Extension has published resources on its website:

Does the Agricultural Producer Security Fund provide coverage for loss of income if a processor stops accepting product?

No. The law requires that product be delivered to the processor for a claim to be valid. It does not cover undelivered product if a processor stops accepting deliveries.

Who is covered by the Ag Producer Security program?

Generally, the fund covers Wisconsin producers who deliver to licensed contractors. For a list of licensed contractors, go to and select the Agricultural Producer Security page under the License/Permits tab.

I delivered my product to my processor but didn't get paid. What action should I take?

For more information or to file a claim, go to and select the Agricultural Producer Security page under the Licenses/Permits tab.​​