In general, TRH establishments are vacation homes, cabins and cottages that are rented out to tourists and transients for a short period of time.
Under a TRH license, an operator may rent as many as 4 units (examples: rooms, cottages or cabins). A Hotel License is needed if 5 or more units are being rented.
- Each license issued by the department expires June 30 of each year.
- License dates extend from July 1st of one year through June 30 of the following year.
- If a license is granted after April 1 of a license year, that license will extend to June 30 of the following year.
- Example: If a business is licensed by the department on April 1, 2017, then its license will expire June 30, 2018.
- Renewal fees for existing establishments shall be submitted to the Department before June 30 each year.
|Type of Facility||Annual License Fee||One Time Pre-Inspection Fee|
|Tourist Rooming House (1-4 Rooms)||$110||$300|
- To obtain a license through the department, first 608-224-4923 or email our licensing specialists.
- The licensing specialist will get you the information you need and will explain the process steps to you.