Beginning January 1, 2022, the DATCP hemp program is discontinued. This webpage is for informational purposes only and is not regularly updated.
Beginning January 1, 2022, Wisconsin hemp growers are licensed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
If you had a hemp-related annual registration from DATCP in any year from 2018-21, you are required by state law (Wis. Admin. Code ch. ATCP 22) to keep the following records for three (3) years:
- Total acres or square footage of hemp
- Hemp source
- Hemp variety
- Final disposition and destination of hemp
- Quantity harvested, including weight and volume
- Total acres or square footage destroyed
- Quantity sold
- Name and address of processor(s) where hemp was sent for processing
- If the hemp was not processed, a description of the process that was used to destroy or dispose of the hemp
- Copy of the fit for commerce certificate for each lot of hemp
- DATCP retains the authority to request copies of these records from you