2024 Annual Producer-Led Watershed Protection Grant Workshop
Date: February 20, 2024
On-site registration starts at 8:30 a.m., event starts at 9 a.m.
Location: Northcentral Technical College, 1000 West Campus Drive Wausau, WI 54401
Register here by February 6: https://forms.office.com/g/TYws700vCD
Join us for our annual in-person event for all producer-led watershed groups in the state, hosted by DATCP! This workshop is a fantastic opportunity to learn about how other groups are using farmer-led strategies to improve water quality and soil health in their watersheds. All group members are invited to attend, but at least one farmer and one collaborator from each group who received funding in 2023 must attend.
This event is hosted primarily for producer-led groups. Registration will be capped and we will prioritize farmer-led group members, as well as direct collaborators and partners to groups. We always welcome other entities interested in our groups to register to listen and learn, so we will be maintaining a first come, first serve "Friends of the Program" registration to ensure we first have enough room for all groups to register.
Workshop agenda at a glance:
- "Grazing Under Pivot Irrigation", Farmers of the Roche-A-Cri
- "Bare Ground Initiative & Grazing Farm Families", Milwaukee River Watershed Clean Farm Families
- "Organizing Conservation Outreach Events for Consumer Audiences & Engaging New Farmer Leaders", Rock River Regenerative Graziers
- "A Community Approach to Watershed Conservation in the Coon Creek Watershed", Coon Creek Community Watershed Council
- "Getting to Know Our New Groups", with presentations from: Kenosha County Regenerative Producers, Chippewa Valley Producer Led Watershed, Flambeau Valley Watershed Group, and Green County Clean Waters
- "Effectively Working with Lake Groups", featuring: Farmers of the Lemonweir Valley, Producers of Lake Redstone, and others!
- "Sustainability and Systems: Agroecology", a close-out address from Gene Schriefer, Wisconsin State Executive Director of the USDA Farm Service Agency
<< Back to Producer-Led Watershed Protection Grants main page