Zoos & Aquariums

This information is current as of June 7, 2017.​​

Animals that are being sent to a Wisconsin zoo need:

  • Certificate of veterinary inspection (CVI) with complete physical destination address - we no longer accept the computer-generated APHIS 7001 form which has no preprinted CVI number (the older multi-copy forms with printed numbers are still accepted). Alternative forms include:

    • Electronic forms from Global Vet Link www.globalvetlink.com

    • Electronic forms available through the mCVI app on your mobile device

    • Paper copies available from your State Veterinarian's office – we will accept large animal forms for pets and wild animals

Please note: The livestock premises code for the receiving facility in Wisconsin is not required unless the animals on the permit application are from a species classified as livestock. The livestock premises code can be obtained from the owner of the destination premises.