Licensed growers are required to submit the following reports to the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection:
- Planting report by July 1 or within 30 days after planting, whichever is earlier
- Final production report by December 15 of the crop year
- Any other reports requested
The grower planting report and final production report forms are provided by DATCP and are available in the forms list, right.
You will indicate your research interests on a checklist included in your registration form.
Final Production Reports
During the week of November 4, 2019 we will mail license holders their 2019 final reports for their hemp grower and hemp processor licenses. These final reports are due December 15, 2019.
Submitting Planting Reports
All licensed growers with a 2020 annual registration MUST submit a planting report that includes every hemp crop and variety grown under that license. Planting reports should be completed and submitted by July 1, 2020 or within 30 days after planting, whichever comes first.
Greenhouse Planting: You are required to submit a planting report any time that you plant hemp seeds, start hemp seeds, plant hemp clones, plant hemp transplants, or propagate any other type of hemp plants in a greenhouse or in an indoor growing environment. Growing in a residence is prohibited.
- Complete and submit a greenhouse planting report if you have received any type of hemp plants from another licensee and are putting the hemp plants in a greenhouse or an indoor growing environment.
- Complete and submit a greenhouse planting report if you are moving your own hemp from one of your locations into your greenhouse location.
- If you have sold, transferred, received, or purchased any type of hemp, record that on the greenhouse planting report. Record on your greenhouse planting report if you have sold, transferred, received, or purchased any type of hemp.
Field Planting: You are required to submit a planting report any time that you plant hemp seeds, hemp clones, hemp transplants, or any other type of hemp plants in a field, including if you have received any type of hemp plants from another licensee and are putting or planting the hemp plants in a field.
The planting report form is available in the box at right.
Send completed reports to:
ATTN Hemp Program
PO Box 8911
Madison WI 53708-8911
Licensed growers must keep the following records for three (3) years:
- Hemp seed source
- Hemp seed variety
- Agronomic and production information on soils, planting, crop development, weeds, weather, pesticide and fertilizer applications, and harvest
- Fit-for-commerce certificates for each field and variety
- Name and address of processors who purchased your harvested hemp, or, if your hemp crop was not processed, describe your method of destruction
Licensed processors will report by December 15 each year the quantity of hemp received from licensed growers and the intended markets. DATCP will provide a form on this site later.
Licensed processors must keep these records for three years:
Sources of hemp, including sellers' license numbers and quantities purchased
Names and address of recipients of processed hemp, and quantities sold
DATCP will provides forms for these records. We will post forms on this site later.
Back to main Hemp Pilot Research program page