Licensed growers are required to submit these reports to the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection:
- Planting report by July 1 or within 30 days after planting, whichever is earlier
- Final production report by December 15 of the crop year
- Any other reports requested
DATCP will provide forms for the above reports. The grower planting report and final report forms are available in the forms list, right. We will post other report forms on this site later.
You will indicate your research interests on a checklist included in your registration form.
Submitting Planting Reports
Submit your report right after you plant, propagate, or transferred hemp. All licensed hemp growers with a 2019 annual registration MUST submit at least one planting report by July 1, 2019.
Greenhouse Planting: You are required to submit a planting report any time that you plant hemp seeds, start hemp seeds, plant hemp clones, plant hemp transplants, or propagate any other type of hemp plants in a greenhouse or in an indoor growing environment. Growing in a residence is prohibited.
- Complete a greenhouse planting report if you have received any type of hemp plants from another licensee and are putting the hemp plants in a greenhouse or an indoor growing environment.
- Complete a greenhouse planting report if you are moving your own hemp from one of your locations into your greenhouse location.
- If you have sold, transferred, received, or purchased any type of hemp, record that on the greenhouse planting report.
Field Planting: You are required to submit a planting report any time that you plant hemp seeds, hemp clones, hemp transplants, or any other type of hemp plants in a field. Also complete a field planting report if you have received any type of hemp plants from another licensee and are putting or planting the hemp plants in a field.
Not Planting at all in 2019: If you are 100% sure that you will not plant hemp anytime in 2019, you still need to complete a planting report that tells us this information before July 1, 2019. Fill out the license holder information and section 1. Check the box next to the sentence that reads:
If you have not and will not plant/propagate or maintain live hemp plants, check this box." Remember to sign and date your form before you submit it.
Have not planted by July 1, but intend to plant later: If you think you will plant hemp between July 1 and December 31, 2019, but you have not sent in a planting report yet, you must submit a planting report by July 1, 2019. Fill out the license holder information section; the greenhouse or field number/name (in section 2) and write in that row, “WILL PLANT LATER IN 2019”. Remember to sign and date your form before you submit it. When planting after July 1, you must submit your planting reports immediately after you plant.
The planting report form, both online and for printing, are available in the box at right.
Send completed reports to:
ATTN Hemp Program
PO Box 8911
Madison WI 53708-8911
Licensed growers must keep these records for three years:
- Seed source
- Seed variety
- Agronomic and production information on soils, planting, crop development, weeds, weather, pesticide and fertilizer applications, and harvest.
- Fit-for-commerce certificates for each field and variety
- Name and address of processors where you sent your harvested industrial hemp, or if it was not processed, how you destroyed or disposed of it
DATCP will provide forms for these records. We will post forms on this site later.
Licensed processors will report by December 15 each year the quantity of industrial hemp received from licensed growers and the intended markets. DATCP will provide a form on this site later.
Licensed processors must keep these records for three years:
Sources of industrial hemp, including sellers' license numbers and quantities purchased
Names and address of recipients of processed industrial hemp, and quantities sold
DATCP will provides forms for these records. We will post forms on this site later.
Back to main Industrial Hemp Research Pilot program page