About the Client Assistance Program
If you are a person with a disability, the Wisconsin Client Assistance Program (CAP) may be able to help you go to work or live independently. CAP services are free and available to all 72 counties in the State of Wisconsin.
CAP assists persons with disabilities who are trying to get services or who are already receiving services from the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR), the Independent Living Centers (ILC), and/or the Native American Vocational Rehabilitation Projects in Wisconsin.
- Provide information about employment, vocational rehabilitation, and independent living services,
- Refer people with disabilities and their families to other resources,
- Help people apply for, understand, and receive services from DVR, the Native American Vocational Rehabilitation Projects, and/or the ILC;
- Explain options for addressing a complaint in order to try and resolve an issue,
- Provide information on Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990;
- Take issues and recommendations for policy changes to DVR senior leadership, DVR policy academy, and/or the Wisconsin State Rehabilitation Council.
Please feel free to contact CAP if you have any questions or would like help in trying resolving a complaint with DVR, the ILC, or the Native American Vocational Rehabilitation program.
You can reach us on our statewide toll-free number at 1-800-362-1290.
CAP Program Annual Report FY2018
CAP Program Annual Report FY2017
CAP Information Sheet
Vocational Rehabilitation Process and Choices in the Process
Common Functional Limitations Checklist
Documents in Spanish Translations
Programa de Asistencia al Cliente (CAP) de Wisconsin/CAP Information Sheet Spanish Language
EL PROCESO DE REHABILITACIÓN VOCACIONAL Y LAS OPCIONES EN EL PROCESO/Vocational Rehabilitation Process and Choices in the Process Spanish Language
Documents in Hmong Translations
Kev Pab Cuam Rau Cov Neeg Siv Khoom/CAP Information Sheet Hmong Language
COV TXHEEJ TXHEEM KEV KHO KOM ROV ZOO LI QUB NCUA LUV THIAB COV KEV XAIV NYOB RAU COV TXHEEJ TXHEEM/Vocational Rehabilitation Process and Choices in the Process