​​​​​​Stray Voltage and Power Quality Issues

The Rural Electric Power Services program provides information about stray voltage and power quality issues; answers to regulatory questions; on-farm and distribution system investigations by a technical team that can assist farmers in working with the utility or electrician to resolve a power quality concern; a format for dispute resolution; and research on electrical issues.
The REPS staff also works with farmers, their veterinarians and nutritionists to resolve herd health and production problems. They also provide outreach and technical assistance to farmers concerned with stray voltage and power quality issues.

REPS program – Stray Voltage Documents

Learn more a​​bout Wisconsin's stray voltage program. 
Public Service Commission – Stray Voltage Documents
The PSC has a compilation of papers and other regulatory documents related to stray voltage in Wisconsin that is available to the public.
The MREC is a non-profit membership organization with Land Grant Universities in the upper Midwest that provides a number of FREE excellent on-line publications on topic of stray voltage and farm wiring.​

Call (800) 942-2474 for assistance from the Farm Center - REPS team. ​