- Stan Senger, Environmental Quality Section Chief, 608-224-4519
- Matt Laak, Agrichemical Storage, 608-224-4518
- Mae Friederich, ACCP Reimbursement, 608-224-4522
- Jason Lowery, ACCP Technical Info and Spill
- Trevor Bannister, ACCP Technical Info, 608-224-4514
Water Treatment Devices
There are home water treatment devices that can remove or reduce pesticides and nitrates in drinking water. The Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services approves treatment devices that are designed to remove specific contaminants. Well owners should be wary of any high pressure sales claims for water treatment devices.
If water treatment is not appropriate, regional DNR water supply specialists can help well owners with contaminated wells identify which of the following is the best available option for acquiring a safe water supply: reconstructing the existing well, constructing a new well, or connecting to a nearby community water system. DNR also has information about diagnosing common drinking water concerns.