The statute states that the Board shall consist of 7 members, appointed by the DATCP Secretary and subject to Senate confirmation, for staggered 5-year terms. These members must include one member representing towns, one member representing counties, one member representing environmental interests, one member representing livestock farming interests, and 3 other members. The Board is attached to DATCP for administrative purposes, but exercises independent decision making authority. On June 30, 2006, the Board adopted bylaws
that govern the conduct of its business and establish procedures for the review of cases.
- Jim Holte, Chair - Dunn County; beef producer; Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation Board of Directors; nominated by Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation; will serve until May 1, 2015.
- Andy Johnson, Vice-Chair - Marathon County; Marathon County conservationist; nominated by Wisconsin Counties Association; will serve until May 1, 2013.
- Bob Selk, Secretary - Dane County; Trout Unlimited; former Assistant Attorney General; nominated by Trout Unlimited and Midwest Environmental Advocates; will serve until May 1, 2014.
- Fran Byerly - Barron County; Jennie-O Turkey Store; nominated by poultry working group; will serve until May 1, 2015.
- Dr. Jerome Gaska - Columbia County; Gaska Dairy Health Service; nominated by Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association; will serve until May 1, 2014.
- Lee Engelbrecht - Manitowoc County; Supervisor, Town of Two Creeks; Vice-President, Wisconsin Towns Association; nominated by Wisconsin Towns Association; will serve until May 1, 2017.
- Bob Topel - Dodge County; Vice-chair, Foremost Farms USA; Town of Portland Plan Commission; dairy producer; nominated by Wisconsin Federation of Cooperatives; will serve until May 1, 2016.