DATCP main number: 608-224-5012
Full Application (PDF)
At the heart of the rule is an application for local approval and five worksheets designed to determine if a proposed new facility or expansion meets state standards for odor and water quality. Below are several documents that will help in understanding and completing the application form.
Worksheet 1: Animal Units (20KB PDF)
- Animal Units Fact Sheet (70KB PDF)
This factsheet is designed to answer questions that local governments and producers may have regarding the animal unit worksheet.
Worksheet 2: Odor Standard (124KB PDF)
- Odor Standard Fact Sheet (80KB PDF)
This fact sheet contains answers to questions that are commonly asked about the odor standard and the odor standard worksheet.
- Odor Standard Spreadsheet (110KB Excel spreadsheet)
The department has developed a spreadsheet to assist infilling out sections of the application dealing with the odor standard.Producers may find the worksheet can have broader application as a farm management tool.
- Data Collection Sheet (52KB PDF)
Using this sheet, you will be able to collect the information about your facility needed to run the odor standard.
- Optional Odor Management Plan (232KB PDF)
Applicants that are required or choose to meet the odor standard may write and follow an odor management plan in order to receive credit towards meeting the standard. This fact sheet provides information on this optional plan.
- Approval of an Innovative Odor Control Practice. Scientific evidence to substantiate that an innovative practice reduces odors is required for evaluation. In order to obtain the information necessary to evaluate an innovative odor control practice according to ATCP 51.14(5)(c), DATCP requests submittal of this checklist and related documentation. The evaluation process is outlined in this flowchart.
Worksheet 3: Waste and Nutrient Management (30KB PDF)
Worksheet 4: Waste Storage Facilities (21KB PDF)
- Waste Storage Facilities Fact Sheet (244KB PDF)
This fact sheet contains answers to questions that are commonly asked about the waste storage facilities worksheet.
- Wisconsin Manure Quantity Estimation Data Sheet (144KB PDF)
This data sheet can help in calculating your cattle’s manure production and nutrient content. If your manure storage volume is not available, you can use the production estimates. If a manure analysis has not been conducted, use the nutrient content.
Worksheet 5: Runoff Management (26KB PDF)
- Runoff Management Fact Sheet (233KB PDF)
This fact sheet contains answers to questions that are commonly asked about the runoff management worksheet.
- BARNY Spreadsheets
For help completing the runoff management worksheet, you will need to use the BARNY model. These spreadsheets were developed by the Appleton Area Technical Center in accordance with State and Federal standards(12/03). The spreadsheets are designed for use by County LWCD and NRCS staff. For information on these spreadsheets and their use outside their intended application call Steve Struss, Agricultural Engineer at 608-224-4629,or email email@example.com.
Completeness Determination Checklist (Word doc)
This checklist is for guidance purposes only and is not an official part of the siting application. This checklist was developed to assist local officials review an application for a siting permit. Producers will find it useful as they assemble the documentation necessary to apply for a siting permit.