Consumer Law at Your Fingertips
Pesticide Mixing & Loading
- Pesticide mixing and loading must comply with Wisconsin Administrative Code chapter ATCP 29, subchapter VIII.
- Pesticide mixing and loading at the following sites must be conducted over a spill containment surface (there are limited exceptions) that meets state standards:
- Any site located within 100 feet of a well or surface water.
- Any site at which more than 1,500 lbs. of pesticide active ingredient are mixed or loaded in any calendar year.
- No person may clean or fill pesticide equipment in waters of the state, or in any manner that may contaminate waters of the state.
- A person must be certified to mix or load restricted-use pesticides.