Consumer Law at Your Fingertips
Agricultural Worker Protection
Agricultural employers using pesticides must do all the following (see Wisconsin Administrative Code chapter ATCP 29, subchapter X):
- Post pesticide safety information.
- Provide pesticide safety training.
- Provide decontamination facilities, protective equipment and transportation to
emergency medical care, as needed.
- Restrict worker access to application sites until re-entry intervals have expired.
- Orally warn workers of pesticide applications that may affect them, or post warning
signs, or both. For some pesticides, both forms of warning are required.
- Take specific steps to protect the safety of employees who apply or handle pesticides.