IMPORTING LLAMAS, ALPACAS AND GUANACOS FROM OUTSIDE WISCONSIN
- Certificate of veterinary inspection (CVI) with complete physical destination address
- Official identification regardless of age (one of the following):
- Approved USDA ear tag number
- Microchip number
- Breed association registration number
- Breed association tattoo (only if it uniquely identifies the animal)
- Import permit (except for animals from areas with VS - please visit our vesicular stomatitis page for the specific requirements)
- Tests, vaccinations or statements (except animals from areas with VS)
To bring a llama, alpaca and guanaco into Wisconsin, the animal must have a current certificate of veterinary inspection (CVI), and it must include official individual identification. No specific tests or vaccinations are required.
MOVING LLAMAS, ALPACAS AND GUANACOS WITHIN WISCONSIN
Wisconsin does not have specific requirements for moving llamas, alpacas and guanacos within the state of Wisconsin.
EXPORTING LLAMAS, ALPACAS AND GUANACOS OUT OF WISCONSIN
Wisconsin does not have specific export requirements for llamas, alpacas and guanacos. Please contact the state or nation of destination to learn the import requirements.