Standing Advisory Council: Organic Advisory Council
- The Organic Advisory Council was formed to provide leadership and vision for the future of organic agriculture in Wisconsin.
- It advises the Department and its other agency partners on issues related to encouraging and supporting the production and consumption of organic agricultural products in the state.
- The council represents the diverse nature of organic agriculture, including organic farmers, organic business professionals and representatives of non-profits, the organic certification industry and consumers.
- The interagency team that collaborates with the council includes governmental partners involved in organic policy and educational development and implementation.
- Led by DATCP, it also includes the University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension Service, USDA’s National Resource Conservation Service, Wisconsin Department of Commerce, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, USDA’s Farm Service Agency, UW College of Agricultural and Life Sciences and the Wisconsin Technical College System.
More information on the council is available here.