Standing Advisory Council: Aquaculture Industry Advisory Council
- The Wisconsin Aquaculture Industry Advisory Council meets quarterly to advise DATCP, DNR, other agencies and the University System on aquaculture issues.
- This council has evolved from a recommendation of the 1998 State Aquaculture Plan.
- The council provides a useful forum for the public and private sectors and addresses issues confronting the evolving aquaculture sector.
- The Wisconsin Aquaculture Industry Advisory Council mission is to actively build partnerships to enhance the responsible development of aquaculture for the benefit of private and public fisheries.
- To serve as a forum for the aquaculture industry to work with state and federal agencies and university staff to identify critical issues affecting its ability to grow in an economically and environmentally sound manner.
- To make recommendations to agency leaders, policy makers, and research/educators for policy and regulatory changes, research projects, business and marketing initiatives, and educational programs that address the critical issues facing the industry.
- To facilitate coordination and to build partnerships among public agencies, private organizations, producers, the scientific community and educators in order to build a stronger, more profitable aquaculture industry.
For more information on the Aquaculture Industry Advisory Council, contact Mike Bandli, email@example.com, 608-224-5136.
For more information on aquaculture, see topics under the Aquaculture heading.