Consumer Law at Your Fingertips
Pesticide Storage & Transportation
Persons storing or transporting pesticides must comply with the following requirements (see Wisconsin Administrative Code chapters ATCP 29 and 33):
- Store and transport pesticides according to label directions, and in a manner that avoids reasonably foreseeable and reasonably preventable risks.
- Store bulk pesticides according to Wisconsin Administrative Code chapter ATCP 33.
- Secure pesticides and pesticide containers against access by children, the general public, domestic animals and wild animals.
- Keep pesticides adequately separated from food, feed and other products so that pesticides will not be mistaken for or contaminate other products.
- Clean pesticide storage areas and transport vehicles before reusing them for other purposes.
- Protect pesticide containers and labels from reasonably foreseeable damage and destruction.
- Inspect pesticide containers when they are removed from shipping containers.
- Refrain from storing or transporting pesticides for sale in visibly broken, defective, unsealed or improperly sealed containers.