File a Complaint

Consumer Complaint

The Bureau of Consumer Protection accepts complaints relating to a variety of consumer issues.  This page provides background on our complaint mediation process and suggests additional ways to work through difficulties with businesses.

To download a consumer complaint form in English, Spanish or Hmong, click here.   


Online complaints forms are also available for these specific consumer issues:

For motor fuel quality complaints, please contact DATCP at 608-224-4942 or via email:
If you suspect that livestock or companion animals have been sickened or killed by animal feed or pet food, this page tells you what to do to determine that and who to contact to file a complaint.

If you have a complaint related to pesticides, fertilizers, or seeds, this page will tell you what information you need to file a complaint and how to file a complaint.
If you believe you, a family member, friend or neighbor is ill (or becoming ill) from food eaten recently, please call a health care facility near you immediately to receive advice and/or treatment. Please report any food-related health problem to the Division of Food Safety by calling the division at 608-224-4700, by filling out this form or by printing and mailing a PDF complaint form.
If you have concerns that a dog seller is in violation of the state’s law that ensures the sale of healthy dogs, please click the Dog Seller Complaint link above to complete a complaint online. You may also contact us at 608-224-4872 to file a report.