Consumer Law at Your Fingertips
Mail & E-Mail Solicitations
The Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions regulates consumer credit transactions (see Wisconsin Statutes chapters 421 to 427). Wisconsin law:
- Requires detailed disclosures in credit contracts and advertisements.
- Limits certain interest and non-interest charges in credit transactions.
- Provides a 3-day right to cancel certain contracts.
- Requires judicial process in repossessions.
- Prohibits certain collection practices.
For more information, see Consumer Law topic, Money and Credit.